Sunday, March 31, 2013

let go.

My mind races, my head spins. Blood vibrates through my body like tv static, erratic and crazed. Ears droop and search for silence. Shoulders and chest are tight and unwilling to release. Breath is shallow if not forgotten.

At the end of most days I've got nothing left to give. I work through my days, so determined to keep all the balls in the air whizzing perfectly through my juggling act, jumping from task to task, patting little heads and giving quick kisses as I go. I try so very hard to keep up. I have a constant prayer on my lips asking God for the strength to get through the day. Asking for patience, gentle hands and a light heart.

I keep a tight grip on life, with schedules and routines and the details that keep life balanced. Everything is planned, predetermined. My knuckles are white and still at the end of the day I have a messy house and badly chipped nail polish to show for it.

Well, you know what?

I'm letting go this week and you should, too. Let it all go. Chill out. Forget about the piles of unfolded laundry, the dishes (I might even use paper plates!), the schedules, the to-do's. Let the counters get cluttery.  Flutter and float in the wind and see how light your heart and mind feel.
See where it takes you. See what new things you can learn about your kids. Or yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts