Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Treat

I love to cook, I love to bake. I NEVER get to bake anymore. Unless I stay up late and do it after the kids are in bed. That is exactly what I did this week. I saw a post on an awesome blog and just HAD to make it for my family get together.

So, on Tuesday night I put the kiddos to bed and made a bunch of racket in the kitchen to whip up a treat. I made a Tres Leches Coconut Cake with Berries & Cream. I made it festive by using only strawberries and blueberries and they looked awesome on the white cream backdrop. It's moist, sweet, COLD and fresh. Perfection.
It felt great to get back in the kitchen and make something frivolous. It felt great to make a mess, clean it up and then have a lovely treat. You HAVE to keep this in mind for your next potluck/office treat/family get together/Tuesday night.

Did you make anything special for the Holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts