Saturday, June 2, 2012

We Had a Week

Yup. We had a week. It was one of those weeks.

It was my first full week back to work. With that, comes stress, lots of emotions and lots of worrying. Monday came and went and we survived. Tuesday....it began. My husband accidentilly locked us out of the house. I was stuck in a car with a hungry and grumpy toddler and baby that just wanted out of that car seat. Plus it was 105 degrees outside. I had to drive around my neighborhood for 30 minutes until my husband got home to let us in.

Wednesday. My husband left the refriderator door cracked before going to work. When I got home the frigde had stopped working and the food was spoiled. EVERYTHING was spoiled. Also, the kids were coming down with something. Sniffles and coughs.

Thursday. We had some unexpected visitors from out of town. I had to make dinner, do the bedtime routine with both kids as usual and entertain our visitors. After a tough day at work, I was exhausted.

Saturday. We sold our 2nd car. We had to juggle kids, the bank and transferring the car. In the afternoon, we went car hunting and while my mom was watching my toddler, he got a high fever. There was a lot of driving involved and my youngest spent much of the day in a carseat. Boo. To top this day off, it was my mom's birthday for which I was completely unprepared.

Sunday. Celebrated my mom's birthday with a sick toddler and still only one car which made getting the celebratory supplies difficult. Luckily she was a good sport. This also marks the day that my toddler began his tantrum throwing streak.

I guess you have to have one of these weeks every now and then in order to appreciate and enjoy the smooth running ones. So, I'm glad it's out of the way.

Tell me about your tough weeks so I know I'm not alone. I'm dying to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts